As seen on.
Hi! I'm Melanie. Here's something I wrote about myself in the third person because it sounds like someone else is singing my praises. Really it's just me.
Melanie Bracewell (that's me) has quickly carved out a path in the comedy scene with her impressive list of credits, showing she has a writing skill set well beyond her years. Bracewell has worked as a writer on all three seasons of the smash hit show ‘Wellington Paranormal’ - from the minds of Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi. She wrote full episodes covering everything from an out-of-touch 1930s ghost cop haunting the Mt. Victoria tunnel to ferocious alien plants that abduct cows.
From the moment she took the microphone for the first time, Melanie has been in hot demand, performing regularly in both in Australia and New Zealand. A popular contestant on ‘Have You Been Paying Attention’, she has managed to convince the Australian public to look past her accent, and realise she’s bloody funny (even if she is a kiwi). You may have also seen her being asked about her dating life on The Project, or probed about her celebrity interactions on Triple J.
There are very few successful New Zealand comedy shows that Melanie hasn’t been a part of. She’s contributed as a writer on 7 Days, Have You Been Paying Attention (NZ), Wellington Paranormal and Mean Mums all while performing award-winning shows all around the country.
Other notable performances include opening for Jim Gaffigan, opening for Norah Jones - yes, she really did comedy before a Norah Jones concert - and performing at a pro showcase with some real heavy hitters at the Gotham Comedy Club in New York.
If you haven’t seen her on the stage or the screen yet, you’ve probably at least seen one of her tweets. They pop up everywhere, from Buzzfeed, to Playboy (the funny bits not the nude bits) and even The New York Times. She also reached worldwide fame when her impressions of Jacinda Ardern went viral, the story was covered by The Guardian and the BBC.
Oh, also a photo of her was featured on Conan?
Bracewell also is an experienced radio announcer. She has worked at the popular radio station ‘Radio Hauraki’ for 6 years, both as a producer and an announcer with her own weekend show.
Finally, in 2021, Melanie had a sell-out season of 'The Rumours Art True' at Melbourne International Comedy Festival, winning the Director's Choice Award, is a regular panellist on 'Have you Been Paying Attention (AU)' and the host of the Network 10 series, 'The Cheap Seats'.
Phew, that is a lot. If that isn’t good enough, you really need to lower your expectations.
"A master of the stage" - NZ Herald
Represented by Bec Sutherland, Jubilee Street Management. For all work inquiries contact below.
t: +61 423 901 553
Some news outlets have chosen to write about Melanie Bracewell. Here are some goodies.
- Jacinda Ardern impressionist: 'I'm trying to be her because she's cool' - BBC (2020)
- Comedian transforms herself into the spitting image of Jacinda Ardern in uncanny video transformation - Daily Mail (2020)
- Melanie Bracewell talks about her dating mishaps and hidden talents - Stuff.co.nz (2019)
- Kiwi comic Melanie Bracewell poses with 'close personal friend' Chris Hemsworth - NZ Herald (2019)
- Comedy review: Melanie Bracewell, Melodrama - NZ Herald (2018)
- Melanie Bracewell rates herself - The Wireless (2018)
- Melanie Bracewell named New Zealand's top comedian with Billy T Award for 2018 - Stuff.co.nz (2018)
- This award is sick! : Accolade for comic whose show was interrupted by vomit - Chortle (2018)
- Melanie Bracewell on cracking the Aussies and getting paranormal - Stuff.co.nz (2018)
- The rise and rise of Kiwi comedian Melanie Bracewell - Stuff.co.nz (2017)
FRIDAY 30 JULY
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
Melanie Bracewell | Brisbane EXTRA SHOW - July 29th
Melanie Bracewell | Perth - September 30
Melanie Bracewell | Adelaide - October 3
Melanie Bracewell | Sydney - October 9
Melanie Bracewell | Melbourne - October 11
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS